San Antonio Attorneys For Victims Of Nursing Home Abuse
We rely on nursing homes to provide a safe and caring environment for loved ones who are no longer able to live independently at home. Unfortunately, some facilities fail to live up to the promises in their glossy brochures.
For more than 30 years, Marynell Maloney Law Firm has represented people who have been injured in nursing homes and other elder care facilities.
If your loved one has been injured in a nursing home, please call us in San Antonio at 210-446-0035 or complete our contact form. Our firm offers free initial consultations.
Understaffing And Nursing Home Injuries
Most injuries in nursing homes can be traced to issues such as understaffing, inadequate training or inadequate screening of employees. The following are examples of nursing home injuries that should never happen in a facility that is adequately staffed:
- Bedsores from failure to reposition an immobile patient
- Medication errors, including overmedication, undermedication and giving residents the wrong medication
- Falls due to failure to assist residents
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Elopement (allowing resident to wander away from the facility)
- Physical or sexual abuse
These injuries can be avoided when nursing homes are committed to proper staffing to protect the well-being of their residents. Our attorneys can help you create accountability and help you protect your senior loved one from further harm.
Learn more about cases of nursing home neglect and abuse:
- Elder abuse and exploitation: Physical and sexual abuse of seniors in nursing homes happens far more often than we would like to believe.
- Dangers of national chains: Texas laws allow national nursing home chains to operate at minimal staffing levels, creating an environment that is ripe for abuse and neglect.
- Arbitration agreements: Many nursing homes ask residents to sign a contract agreeing to arbitration (rather than courtroom litigation) of injury claims. These agreements may not be binding, however.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect FAQ: Find answers to commonly asked questions about nursing home abuse.
Put Us On Your Side Today
We are proud to have been recognized as successful litigators on behalf of our clients. Attorneys Michelle Maloney and Chris Hernandez are:
- Members of the Top Trial Lawyers in America’s Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Repeatedly recognized by Texas Super Lawyers
- Strong, compassionate trial lawyers with a proven record of success
Contact Our San Antonio Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
For a free initial consultation, please call us in San Antonio at 210-446-0035 or contact us online.
We collect attorneys’ fees only if we secure compensation for your loved one.