Offshore Oil Rig Injuries

Texas Attorneys For Workers Injured On Offshore Oil Rigs

If you have been injured in an accident occurring on an offshore oil rig, you may be entitled to compensation under the Jones Act, the Outer Continental Lands Act or a civil lawsuit. To protect your right to full compensation, it’s important to discuss your case with an experienced maritime lawyer as soon as possible.

Marynell Maloney Law Firm, we have the extensive experience needed to represent workers who are injured on offshore rigs and oil fields on land. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.

What Is The Jones Act?

The Jones Act is a federal law that is designed to compensate seamen who are injured on the job. The law covers oil and gas workers who are injured on certain types of movable rigs such as jack-up and float-over rigs. It also protects workers who are injured while being transported to the rig by boat.

The Jones Act holds employers accountable for accidents that are caused by:

  • An unseaworthy vessel
  • A work environment that is unreasonably dangerous
  • Unsafe equipment
  • Lack of safety training

The law allows workers to collect compensation for damages that aren’t covered by Texas workers’ compensation, such as pain and suffering. However, unlike workers’ compensation, you must prove negligence on the part of your employer. Our lawyers understand how to build a strong case of negligence against your employer.

What Is The Outer Continental Lands Act?

If you have been injured on a fixed platform rig, you are covered by a federal law known as the Outer Continental Lands Act. Under this law, your injury is covered by the workers’ compensation laws of whichever state is closest to the rig.

Workers’ compensation may not be your only source of compensation. If your injury was caused by a negligent contractor or equipment manufacturer, you may also have the right to file a civil lawsuit against the negligent party.

Contact Our San Antonio Offshore Oil Rig Injury Lawyers

Your employer may promise to take care of you after an accident. Your employer’s attitude may change, however, if you have suffered a serious injury and need to miss work for an extended period of time. Take steps now to protect your future. To schedule a free initial consultation, please call us locally at 210-446-0035 or toll free at 800-717-6011, or simply contact us online.

We collect attorneys’ fees only if we secure compensation for you.