Common Causes Of Truck Wrecks
Accidents involving tractor-trailers and other large commercial vehicles can have a wide range of causes, including:
- Driver fatigue — Long haul truckers are often held to unreasonable schedules, which force them to operate their vehicles while extremely fatigued. Regulations regarding mandatory rest periods are often ignored.
- Drug/alcohol abuse — If the driver of an 80,000 pound vehicle is abusing drugs or alcohol while behind the wheel, the risk to others extreme.
- Mechanical failure — Worn tires, bad brakes and other mechanical issues can cause major accidents and catastrophic injuries.
- Improper maintenance — Tractor-trailers and other commercial vehicles rack up an incredible number of miles every year. Without proper maintenance, those vehicles can become highly dangerous.
- Lack of training — A lack of effective driver training can turn an otherwise safe tractor-trailer or commercial truck into a very dangerous one.
- Hiring unqualified drivers — With the boom in the oil and gas industry in our area, many unqualified drivers may be finding themselves behind the wheel of a big rig. This puts everyone else at risk.
If you have been injured in an accident with a tractor-trailer or other type of commercial vehicle, secure the representation of a skilled personal injury attorney to ensure your right to full compensation is protected.
Put Our Attorneys On Your Side Today
Marynell Maloney Law Firm has been fighting to protect the rights of the injured for more than 30 years. We understand the impact a trucking accident can have on a person’s life and the lives of his or her loved ones. We are dedicated to helping people secure the maximum compensation to help them on their path to recovery. We know how crucial a role compensation can have in terms of paying medical bills and dealing with related issues such as lost wages and ongoing care issues.
More information is available on our Trucking Accident FAQ.
Contact The San Antonio Tractor-Trailer Crash Attorneys Of Marynell Maloney Law Firm, PLLC
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you need to take action to ensure you are appropriately compensated. Our firm offers highly effective and compassionate representation that can make a difference for you. For a free initial consultation, please call us in San Antonio at 210-446-0035 or contact us online.
We collect attorneys’ fees only if we secure compensation for you.